Ir al contenido principal
CHANGES TO MY STUDY PROGRAMME


I am studying psychology, and I think this major has a lot of things that I would change. One of this things is about the subjects that we have to study. I believe that Universidad de Chile gives a very academicist approach to psychology and legitimizing that like a science above other approaches. I think that academic psychology is important, but I would like that the University had more different approaches like critical psychology, antipsychiatry, social psychology, among others. Something related to this and that make me be very worried is that two years ago, the antipsychiatry and the feminism subject were eliminated of the optional courses of the curriculum. I believe that it is a very big mistake and let the major with a deep academic empty.

On the other hand, I think that the workload is a lot. We have to read too pages per day, besides, we have to do many group works and we have reading controls every weeks. I have listened to a lot of old people say that there are others majors with a higher academic load, and I really hate this comments because it make invisible all the suffering and distress that me and my classmates feels every day. For this, I would like that the teachers put themselves in our position and make less the workload.

Finally, I would like going to class only in the “aularios”, because they are more comfortable than the FACSO´s classroom, and I can concentrate better.

Comentarios

  1. the academicist approach is maybe one of themost dangerous things in study programs, cause it makes you forget that we are working with people and not an object

    ResponderEliminar
  2. It's too bad that you have to read so many pages every day and have controls every week. That really get worse the mental health of the students and is something that must be changed! :(

    Good Blog!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I also believe that all the classes should be in the Aularios, there classroms are much more comfotrable and bigers.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. It bothers me a lot the TyS class just for having it in FACSO !! Hold the aularios.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Sports I remember that when I was at school I did not like Physical education very much. I think it was because I am very clumsy with games that include a ball (for example: volleyball, football). I remember that when we played handball, me and my friend were standing on the field doing nothing, and when the teacher turned to see us, we started to run as if we were playing. The truth is that I am not bad at all sports, Im actually good at two sports and they are dancing and swimming. I started to swim when I was very child, I was eight specifically. I swam in Universidad Catolica’s swimming pool. I was really good at it and in 2012 the teacher passed me at the “Rama”, it was a selected group that had a very heavy training in order to compete in representation of the UC. Sadly, the first day of training at the “Rama” I was injured my hand and I stopped to swim by a very long time. I started to swim again last year, when I started to study at Universidad de Chile. Now I ...
MY PETS My first pet was a bunny, her name was "Copita". Copita loved carrots and lettuce, she was very exciting when were the lunch time, she really loved to eat. The end of our relationship was very sad, my parents decided to give Copita to my neighbours because they have a land where Copita could live in a happier and freer way than she lived in my aparment. It was very sad, but it was for her own good. Then I had a dog, her name was "Mimi", she was a yorkshire and was very very little and playful. The end of our relationship was very sad too. Me and my family left Mimi whit my uncle when we went to vacations and it got lost, I was very angry and with a very deep sadness.  My actual pet is a dog too,  his name is Simon. He is extremely lovely and very sociable. Simon likes to lick everything, including people. He loves to go out and meet new friends. We have a beautiful relationship and we love each other a lot.